Ever year millions of pets are neglected, abused, abandon and some die from their abuse.  If you get involved, you will see the difference you've made in an animals life.  These are some of our experiences we've encountered........however good or bad they have been, they have made an impact in our outlook in life.  These pets don't choose to be put in their predicaments, people put them there.  With your love, compassion, and a bit of your time, you can help make a difference in their lives.


Tucker, the bird dog is a recent rescue(12/16/2005).  We found  him, abandon in sub-freezing temperatures  by his owner and left with no food, water, or shelter.  We immediately took him to the vet who determined he was emaciated and in urgent need of medical attention.  He had frostbitten paws and penis.  He could barely urinate.  After several weeks of trying various treatments that were prolonging the situation, surgery was eminent.  They local vet did a partial penile amputation as the initial surgery, and when he managed to pull out the catheter and stitches at the vet, he was taken to  Purdue Small Animal Hospital in  West Lafayette, Indiana.  After an evaluation, the kept Tucker for several days to care for and monitor his condition and then he was released to his new loving home.  Due to the cost of the care he has received and possible future care he may likely require, we will keep him as a member of our home.

See the difference you can make in a pets life, get involved with your local ASPCA or animal shelter.


zDsc03497.jpg (102844 bytes) zDsc03516.jpg (71968 bytes)

zDsc03521.jpg (79083 bytes) zDsc03525.jpg (66464 bytes) zDsc03528.jpg (81487 bytes)

He is doing much better, however, the damage that was done requires daily care and he will never be the same.







On, 9/5/07 we took Tucker to the vet for his annual shots and check up.  We noticed a bump on his right back along the rib.  We mentioned it to the doctor and he made no issue of it.  A week later(9/12/07), Tara was sitting on the couch with him watching TV and noticed the bump had grown to a mass 1"-1 1/2" in diameter.  I looked at it and immediately called Purdue Small Animal Hospital.  We got him in the next day(9/13/07).  Student Jess Torok and Dr. Mike Childress took a look and composed a plan.  They did a preliminary aspiration and looked at it under a microscope.  It was abnormal, something they didn't recognize.  We decided it was best to have it surgically removed and do a biopsy.   Dr. Hillman did the surgery and it went well.  They kept him for a few days.  We took him home Sunday morning(9/17/07).  He has slept most of the day.  He's got about 26 stitches.  We find out the results of the biopsy in about 5 days.

tuckerpostop01.jpg (327141 bytes) tuckerpostop02.jpg (264769 bytes)

tuckerpostop03.jpg (377269 bytes) tuckerpostop04.jpg (215479 bytes)

More to follow as it becomes available.